Chapter Five

After school Doug and I hit up Brooklyn Styles so I could get my skin fade. You know I got to look fresh to death. Everything is all about appearance if you haven’t had that beaten into your head yet. My barber, Charlie has been cutting my hair for a few years now and the only other person I would let touch my hair was his cousin Danny. And that’s still true to this day, word up. Props to mad talent. After the barber shop we went to Doug's house so he could grab some clothes for the weekend and I could ditch the bulk of the weed. It would be safe here in Doug’s room. He told his mom he was sleeping at my house and I didn’t have to tell my mom shit. Then we bounced to go get ready for the rave. I dialed the number from the back of the flyer, figuring I would get the chick, but instead it was a voicemail with some hippie named Rainbow Bright giving directions to the event. Of course I wasn’t ready for them so I grabbed a pen and dialed again.

I decided the more the merrier and power is in numbers. So during school I asked a bunch of the kids we smoke with if they wanted to come and check out the party. It wound up being Andrew, Fred, D and Me. I wanted to get to the party early to set up shop. You know I had big plans. We got off the train in Alphabet City and walked about 15 blocks. There was a crazy line going around the block and the party didn’t start for another hour. It was fucking cold and this line looked like it was going to take 3 hours to get in. My mind started going a million miles a minute and then it hit me.

Ding! Like a light bulb popped on over my head.

I remembered the work was good to go. I had pre-bagged those fuckers. Half moons in little bags. I started working the line - moving in between groups of girls and banging out 4, 5 even 10 half moons in a shot. I whispered “X” as I passed groups of kids and all I could think was I am so glad I bagged them up! I palmed two hits in my hand and gave dude at the door the secret handshake you know...

...passing him the hits.

C'mon keep up man!

He smiled and waved me in. I pointed at the boys and he waved them in too. Some kids we didn't know jumped in with us and then the bouncer put his hand up and stopped Andrew. He said “your dad can't come in with you. Leave him at the door.”

I laughed it off and said

"Yo he’s 15 years old dude I think it will be alright" and I hit him off with another hit. He smiled.

“You owe me $25 bucks Andrew hit me with it before the nights over.”

Andrew nodded in acknowledgment and went to put Visine in his eyes and started screaming that it was frozen. I said yeah be happy that you aren't as frozen as that visine kid. Here you go. This should warm you up. I tossed Andrew a half moon and another to Fred. Enjoy these they're on me. Go run around and make friends. I saw one of these youngsters that followed us in when the bouncer was occupied. I snatched him by the back of his neck and said

“You think your slick?”

He hit me with 50 bucks and said:

“I wouldn't have gotten in, I don’t have any I.D. So here is $25 for the door and another $25 hoping you got something that will make this a great party.”

It took me a few seconds to break down what he just said through his thick southern accent and then I thought about it again. I hit him with a half moon and a stack of promo flyers. Again I was so glad we set up the work yesterday.

For real.

“You work for me now. Go give out the flyers to girls. Anyone wants more of what you just ate point them to me.”

It was crazy dark in there. You see, I had broken most of the hits into two and put them in little baggies. I had given D 20 of the halves and put 20 in my pocket and the rest went into my sock. After 20 minutes people were loving on us - no joke. I was getting hugs and kisses from bitches. Even guys were trying to thank me. We were a success. We sold out in 25 minutes and started debating if we should take another half each and really bug-out. I had close to 2 grand in my pocket and we could go waste a couple of bucks and get fucked up.
We went looking for someone else selling something but we weren’t having any luck. To top it off these fucking ravers kept hounding us for more and telling us that they loved us.

We had groupies.

This one brunette chick started kissing D out of nowhere. She walked up to him and stuck her tongue down his throat. I have never seen this kid so happy in his life. And then it happened. She threw up all over him. I mean all over him - in his mouth, on his shirt.

That shit was so nasty, but I couldn't stop laughing. I was literally rolling on the floor laughing. It was too fucking funny.

We meet this weird, pierced up dude with holes the size of pennies in both ear lobes with some plastic shit in it. Freaky deaky for sure. I was sure he had to be moving E but after a quick convo I realized he only had Sid. His name was Alex and he was real friendly. He was moving some Beavis and Butthead Hits. He threw us 2 for free because he must have recognized the gangster.

I learned later that word had just started to get around that we were up and comers on the scene. I told Alex we would meet up again. Doug and I exchanged glances and then dropped the Sid on our tongues. And finally we saw the chick from the park. She had to be holding. I made my way over to her and put my arm around her.

"This is a great party - lots of great people"

"Fuck yeah there is some great music and amazing drugs"

"Can you put me on girlie?"

"Yeah what do you want?"

"100 hits of E - what can you do me for?"

"I don't know about that kid - I don't know you like that." She removed my arm from her shoulder and gave me a real pissy look.

I threw a fifty dollar bill at her and said "fair enough give me two of those bad boys."

Reluctantly she handed me two full moons and said “Here, enjoy.” I broke one in half and swallowed it. It tasted like shit but I just kept smiling and took a sip of her water. I threw the other whole one at D. He caught that shit in his mouth and swallowed it. He said ”Here comes the candy flip.”

"Alight I guess your cool $10 on the moon - $1000 total"

"Can I get my Fifty Spot back?"

She laughed and put her hand in my pocket and dropped something in. I put my hand in my pocket pulled one pill out of the bag and licked it.

"Tastes good" and I started counting out twenties behind D while he was blocking the security guards' view of our transaction. 10 minutes later we were good to go moving these new pills as whole moons for $40. And everyone ate them up so we sold out in twenty minutes. Cats fighting over the last two that went for 40 on a half. We went back to the girlie and she looked a little nervous which made me a little nervous. But when we said we want more she looked ecstatic. I told her we needed 200 more.

"Can't do it - all I have is 100 if that and they are gonna be $20 on a piece. It's getting late."

"A'ight we will take all of them it's cool. Everyone has got to eat." (Gleam)
We settled up and started pushing the pills again for $40 a whole and now $25 for a half. We moved about 40 of them before the ravers started coming back to us and asking for their money back.

"Yo, Sint this chick is trying to tell me that this shit is all fake. I'm bugging are you bugging?"

"Yeah D, I'm fucking whacked out. A little Sid a little E, but it looks like all the customers off the last two batches are complaining. Check it - We are still up - give people who are complaining a free half moon. Then in 10 minutes meet me out on the corner. Keep your eye open for this fucking cunt - if you see her grab her. Empty her pockets and take off her shoes and socks. Don't let her leave."

We did our thing lying to everyone's face giving out free hits popping them into girl's mouths running around like we owned the place. Good times, good times. I was definitely bugging - grinding my teeth, losing myself staring into the air. I got to hurry up or I'm going to get caught out here.

"I can't believe this fucking bitch played us"

"Yeah and how well she did it too! It was like she was expecting it."

"D I think she was - the two hits she gave us were real and maybe a few more randomly in the bag - that's it"

"Almost every hit we sold that we didn't bring with us was fake?"

"Yup she fucking G'ed off - Well actually we didn't do too bad either. We are up almost two grand after we pay off Rocco."

"Yeah but it could have been closer to four grand if this bitch didn't play us."

"I think we can still bring that number back up." I said as this doofey guy walked towards us

"Um can you uh- Do you have any hits left? I need 10 of them. Oh yeah I'm Lou from Ohio"

"Yeah actually Lou from Ohio we are leaving now but we can give you a good deal on 40 full moons for … only $25 a piece."

"Are you serious? That cheap? I will be right back." Lou from Ohio consulted his boys and came back over to us.

"I'll take them here you go A Thousand Dollars" as he counted 10 $100 bills.

"Here you go there are actually 42 and some pieces in there so enjoy"

My signature smile cracked as I looked at D from one eye and spotted a cab with my other. We gave the driver $50 to take us back to Brooklyn and let us burn a blunt in the car. I was so whacked out and so proud of myself at the same time. About $3000 profit - So that's $2000 for me and $1000 for D.

Don't look at me like that Did you think I was a 50-50 kind of guy?

Don't worry he was extremely happy to make a $1000 for a night of partying. He was already into me for almost $300 bucks so I tossed him 7 Benjamins and a bag of trees. That was great for D - the most money he has ever seen at one time. Thinking about it a G for a night of partying is great for anyone. Don't ya think? Most of your parents don't make a G a day. Do they? Do you?

Ah but 2 Gs is even better. This was proof that I could be a millionaire before I turn 21.

"So are we coming back next week Karl?"
Gleam.

1 comment:

  1. Great read. Can't wait till the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete