Chapter 6

"FUCK!" I said looking at 3:43 PM on the clock in my room.

"What's wrong" D asked

"I forgot to move Rizzi's car he definitely has a ticket and he is going to kill me. We got to come up with an idea. "

"Like what - get someone to steal it?"

"That's a great idea lets go steal it."

I grab the keys and head out towards the door.

"Come on - don't be a bitch!"

I opened the car and grabbed the ticket off the windshield and started her up. We headed down avenue X and got on the Belt Parkway and then it stalled. I couldn't do anything and we were on the off ramp for the Belt Parkway. I flooded the engine trying to get her to turn over again. We could smell the gas. I looked at D - and he looked back at me. I grabbed the baseball bat from under the seat and broke the driver's window, bashed the radio in and broke the steering column and then we bounced. Laughing all the way back to my crib baseball bat in hand - then it hit us.

FUCK! Rizzi couldn't find out.

Everything seemed like such a great idea. Stealing the car busting it up and now it seems like a druggie after thought that might get us killed. We just had to play it off. Play it by ear when he gets back and see what we can do.

Walking down the block I ran into Sume, a bombing buddy of mine and it looked like he was ready to go: bag of cans, surgical gloves, a face mask and a palm of fat caps. He came all the way from Park Slope and he was definitely looking to do the run through with The Sint. We were going to get on the tracks at Avenue M by Murrow high school and walk the tracks up towards Newkirk Avenue, catching tags leading up to the top to bottoms over the station. Doug tagged along to puff, but he didn't write anymore. He said something about it being stupid and looking for trouble. Yeah, yeah, we know. He got some common sense and stopped flipping drugs for me as well. But he just loved to chill.

There were a couple of old Bust and Spin TOK tags up there from 91 but no one has ever really hit it with a fill in. It was time to blow it up. Literally word up with an atomic bomb theme. I was already getting hyped. As we were climbing the gate we heard police radios. So we started booking. We got under the platform and almost didn't look before moving on to the tracks. We would have gotten blasted by the d train. I grabbed Sume by his bag as the train came into the station. We fell back onto Doug and we waited as the train rolled by our faces sparking and hissing. It came to a stop... People got off and then it started moving again. We hopped onto the tracks and followed the train out of the station. I just couldn’t help myself and ran up with the quick SINT throwie on the back of the car, yeahhh boyee. And then we were walking along the rocks on either side of the third rail. Jumping back and forth over it like idiots. Hitting up small tags on our way to get high.

High on graffiti what a rush...

Sume gave each of us a pound and went off in separate directions. Then it was just me and Doug E Fresh.

"Let's go stop by my house and then chill by Bedford Park - see if we can move some trees" I said amped from the daytime bomb.

"Yeah we can go burn one and show off the merchandise."

"Let me go count out Rocco's dough so we can stop by the park and hit him off."

"Good idea Sint, you are always thinking"

We get to the corner of avenue U and Bedford, and the usual skaters were chilling with a couple of older kids. I walked up to Lenny who was smoking what looked like the remnants of a tiny little joint.

"What up - Lenny Len what the fuck is you trying to smoke?"

"Awwww Shit Sint! Tell me you got something better!"

I got an elaborate pound that ended with a snap and something out of The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air.

"Actually I do. Go collect chips and we will match you dollar for dollar" As I smiled pointing at Doug

"Bet! Damn you always make me smile, Sint!"

6 minutes later Lenny handed me $36.50 and said

"Let's get this joint going I got a roll of paper."

He broke out E-Z Wider on a fucking roll. Can you fucking imagine - Like if was toilet paper - On A ROLL! Now I knew I had to make this session memorable. I pulled out the zip lock, with the prettiest buds I picked for head to blaze and pulled out a bud the size of a snickers bar and wrapped that shit up without even breaking it up. Wow that shit burned for more than an hour and everyone got blitzed, zooted and done. And I also had 8 new customers. And a story these kids will be talking about until... Well actually I heard Lenny telling that story about a year ago you know, 10 years after the session. Now if that's not gangster. What is?? $20 a gram wasn't going to make me a fortune but if we move it right it will help me live. Lenny handed me a flyer for some crazy foundation party with Adam X, Frankie Bones, Heather Heart Lenny Dee and more. Space to be announced, Wednesday night... I am so there… the further underground the better.

1 comment: