Chapter Three

As soon as I showed Doug the bags he said


"Can I have one on credit? You know I'm good for it Karl. Ill have dough tomorrow and ill smoke some with you."

Normally credit is a bad thing but my business was based on it around school. Never more than a hundred bucks and they always came back round so I didn't sweat losing 10 bucks here or 5 bucks there because someone bounced and never came back to school. So we went back to my house after buying a couple of Blunts from the store on Ocean Avenue and avenue U. What a great store they will sell me beer cigarettes and now Blunts. Nice. I guess it was peer pressure or something but papers weren't going to do. We got to do it like the big boys.


"Damn, Fuck fuck, SHIT! I can't roll this shit Sint you fucks with it"


"I guess if you want something done right you got to do it yourself"



I rolled a pregnant, broke-dick looking blunt with so much of the second sheet it looked like it was wearing a sweater. But oh boy did that blunt smoke. We passed that shit back and forth in my room for almost an hour. We were coughing our brains out and laughing about it. Then coughing then laughing then he asked me why we were laughing so we started laughing some more.



I BLACKED OUT



I really didn't remember much else until the next morning. I woke up with the bag of bags under my pillow and my entire room reeking like trees. Then I saw on my mirror a note from my Mom that said we need to talk.



Ha, ha real after school special, right? The parents were cool and all but, I wasn't in the mood for them to try their parenting on me this morning. So I got dressed and ran out of the house before she could catch up to me. I wasn't going to school at all today. I had bigger plans. I wanted to wild out and have a good time. Way too much stress for a young in like me. Back in the days it would have been laser tag, mini-golf or go-carting but nowadays I wanted to scam on bitches and get high. Fuck if blazing and scheming were Olympic sports I would be competing for the gold.


You know me already it sure isn’t about fucking them – sometimes it is about getting head but that’s whatever son. If you haven’t come to this conclusion on your own yet, you’re behind. Time to play catch up.


It was all about the challenge. The more of a challenge the more I was interested. Chick gives Sint the cold shoulder that’s the biggest turn on there was. Attention, The Sint needs attention that’s for shit sure.

I called Doug's house and got his mom on the phone. I told her I had to check one of my answers from last night's math homework. We aren't even in the same grade. She woke his ass up and put him on the phone. So you can only imagine that the next day things started getting very interesting. We got off the D train at west 4th street and started walking towards Washington Square Park with an itch to meet some chicks. We made a quick stop at Toot Toots for some whippets. I loved these things it was like sucking the gas out of a whipped cream bottle but so much better. All of our knowledge about what they did was from word of mouth. As legend had it you couldn’t hurt yourself with these things if you didn’t hold your breathe for too long or you didn’t inhale clean air with the nitrous. We bought a case of 24 cartridges and 1 metal cracker, 1 plastic cracker and two psychedelic balloons. We turned the corner and each cracked one, right off 8th looking at the park.


Yeah, right on the street. Why not?


We did these in the back of class… Teachers sound a lot more interesting on Nitrous, kind of like Charlie Brown’s teachers.


Waaaa Waaa Waaaa Waaaa Waaaa



Crack….

….Wooooooosh.



“What a cool looking balloon!”

I screamed to Doug as I inhaled half of it and exhaled back into the balloon. Repeated a few times until I was laughing so hard I dropped the cracker. Doug went to grab it probably feeling just as fucked up as I was and BOOM. We whacked our heads together and both went down. That sobered me right back up. I scooped up the cracker threw it in my book bag and we were back on our way. I pushed my way through the crowd and made it to the center with D right behind me.



"Light that shit Sint"



"Nah, hold up and hold the work down - I got something I gots to do."


Before he had a chance to react I threw my clinking book bag at him. The fucking look on his face and everyone else's was better than any high i have ever known. I pulled out a spray can of Rustoleum Summer Squash Yellow from my waist and threw up a little



SintIsm Worship Me

D.T.A.

I cracked my signature smile and pushed the can back into its brown paper bag and rolled it behind a passed out bum.



"Whatcha waiting for D sparks that shit."



"You are one crazy mother fucker but, you couldn't hook me up right?"



“The Cans right there hook your self up - Don't be a bitch."



Then she appeared.



I'll never admit it to him but he definitely saw her first.

Who you might ask? Well this was the first chick I ever met that was down for the cause and she was about to put us on. I mean SHE WAS ABOUT TO PUT US ON FOR REAL! She handed me the first flyer, even though D had been staring at her. Well maybe that's why... I hit the blunt and passed it to chickie before Doug… Not so cool I know, I know but back then pussy was pussy and your boys would always be around.



NASA

COME HOMe

Location to be announced



Then she said
“I got Chocolate - dimes and better. And Yellow Sunshine."
Passing D the blunt.



I looked at D and he knew something was up but he thought I wanted to rob her. Maybe eventually, but I wanted to use and abuse her. It was my in to a whole new market. Fucking sweet. She must have sensed something was up and she followed it with



"You Know Sid - Acid"



"I’m with you I know what we talking about. But Nah we are good for right now - So is this your party?"



"Nah, I am a promoter for NASA. Haven't I seen you at one of those STORM Raves in Brooklyn?"



"Don't think so."



"Well come check it out I'll get you comped if you bring at least 10 people.”



"Who's going to be there? And there is no number on this flyer why don't you write yours on the back for me?”



"Oh, it's a great line up we got Frankie Bones, Heather Heart, Adam X, Lenny D and a bunch more. You should come check me out. I'll see you there."
As she took the flyer back and gave me another one with a phone number on it.



I didn't even get a chance to respond she just winked and left. Ghost. And I didn't even get her name. I turned to D and said:



"Oh well I guess we are going to be Ravers now are you ready?"



"Yeah we should have bought some acid."



"Don't worry D by Saturday we will be selling it.”



We chilled around the city for a while busting tags and smoking blunts. Harassing girls and loving life. From Saint Marks back to Washington Square towards Broadway and over by liquid sky. I felt like I was on top of the world. I sold 6 dime bags and 2 20's. That was enough money to pay for what we smoked and our day in the city. Well at least on my part D-fresh had running credit. Why not – his parents had him on an allowance. Steady income for not doing anything must have been nice. We still didn’t have enough to rave this weekend. But the snow coming down from the sky might as well been Cocaine cause we were about to cash in on it. Shoveling wasn’t scheming but it was taking advantage of people in a rough situation. A little more work than I would like but we always made good dough. 200 bucks times 3 of us in 3 hours or so.

My mind was going a million miles a minute and all I could think about was the money, lots and lots of money. Weed isn't going to cut it if we want to make a fortune. The markup is much better on E or Sid. So we had to figure out a way to either get a lot of it on the arm or to beat someone for the shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment